Excellence in Midwifery Research Award
Objective of the Award:
The Excellence in Midwifery Research Award recognizes research that advances excellence in midwifery care. One award is available for one research paper per year. The award will be presented to the author(s) of the research paper selected for the award.
- Ontario midwives or individuals who have participated in and published an outstanding piece of research that includes or supports Ontario midwifery/midwives are eligible.
- The research has been published within the last two years of January 10, 2017, or is of current significance to midwifery practice or policy.
- The nominee(s) conducted their research in the midwifery context.
- The nominee (or one of the nominees) is available to present their research to the AOM membership (unless this research has been previously presented).
- AOM Board members and AOM staff are not eligible.
The completed nomination must be submitted by January 10, 2017 in order to be considered.
Completing this nomination package will require:
1. Completing an online form (click on the button below). This form includes a brief description of how the research paper contributes to quality, excellence and best practice in research (200 word maximum). See award criteria below for further details. This description should address how the research:
- Contributes to advancing excellence in midwifery practice and quality of client care
- Reflects the midwifery philosophy of care
- Uses research methods that are well explained and appropriate to the research question
2. Forwarding the following supporting materials to the AOM (by email or mail):
- A copy of the published research paper or manuscript that has been accepted for publication.
- Nomination letters from two supporters that explain the importance of this research to midwifery practice.
- Confirmation that the/a nominee or designate is available to present this research to the AOM membership (unless this research has been previously presented).
Nominations received by the deadline will be reviewed by the Midwifery Research Work Group who will recommend an award recipient to the Leadership Development Committee (LDC). The LDC will then recommend an award recipient to the Board of Directors, who will make the final selection. Awards will be presented at the AOM's Awards Gala event on May 5, 2017.