The Association of Ontario Midwives is the professional body
representing midwives and the practice of midwifery in the province of
Ontario. It is run by a 12-member Board of Directors.
- Advocates for the professional interests of midwives and for the Ontario Model of Midwifery Care.
- Provides public education and promotes midwifery as an integral part of the Ontario health care system.
- Represents midwives to the Ministry of Health to maintain appropriate funding for midwifery services.
- Provides ongoing peer support to all members, including educational and professional development.
- Develops clinical and other practice guidelines and promotes midwifery research.
- Administers a members benefits package.
- Negotiates and provides access to professional liability insurance for midwife members.
- Is an active member in the Canadian Association of Midwives
Should you wish to provide any feedback regarding the new web site, please email us at email@example.com.