Mission, Vision and Values
Advancing the clinical and professional practice of Indigenous/Aboriginal and registered midwives in Ontario.
Midwives leading reproductive, pregnacy, birth and newborn care across Ontario.
The AOM Board, staff and volunteers:
- Provide courageous, compassionate and principled leadership
Consider Indigenous issues and social justice in all decision-making
- Promote and support the restoration and renewal of Indigenous midwifery
- Promote, safeguard and support normal birth
- Advocate for members' rights that promote long-term career satisfaction
- Create systems and tools that uphold equity within the midwifery profession, in relationship to clients, and within the health-care system
- Respect client dignity, autonomy, cultural safety and experience as central to decision-making in midwifery care
- Establish accessible, high-quality and responsive services that meet the needs of the membership
- Enhance the potential of midwifery to contribute to the well-being of society.
2017-2020 AOM Strategic Plan