2018 AOM Conference Abstracts
ABSTRACTS ARE DUE OCTOBER 20, 2017!
Submit your abstracts now!
The Association of Ontario Midwives is inviting all interested individuals, groups or member speakers to submit an abstract for consideration as an oral or rapid-fire presentation. We are pleased to announce the Annual Conference will be held May 7-9 2018 at the JW Marriott The Rosseau in Minnett, Ontario.
Guidelines for submission:
The abstract must not exceed 250 words. Please indicate if your presentation will address the area of practice or research. Be sure to include the topic, information being addressed, and the take home message.
Abstracts may be submitted for the following types of presentations:
- Plenary session: 45 minutes (30 minute presentation, 15 minute Q&A). Audience: All conference participants.
- Concurrent session: 45 minutes (30 minute presentation, 15 minute Q&A). Audience: A smaller group of conference participants.
- Pre-conference workshop: A hands-on session for up to 30 participants. This will take place on the morning of May 7, 2018 for approximately 3-4 hours, depending on the material.
- Rapid-fire presentation: New to the AOM this year, rapid-fire presentations allow research to be exposed to a larger audience than traditional poster presentations would. They also provide presenters with the opportunity to practice explaining their work in a concise manner in order to communicate effectively with the public, funders and other audiences. Rapid-fire presentations are three minutes long, include a maximum of five slides and may be particularly suited to describing:
- a research question or idea currently being explored,
- a research idea that is in progress, or
- findings from completed research.
Abstract submission instructions:
Please fill out the form on the following pages to submit your abstract. Please be sure to include the title of your presentation, the primary speaker, and any other speaker information. The title, speaker bio, and abstract will be entered in the program as received.
All abstract notifications will be sent to the email address of the person submitting the abstract. All submitted abstracts will undergo review. Presenters submitting abstracts involving qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods research will undergo peer review by the Midwifery Research Work Group.
Abstracts must be received by October 20, 2017 at 11:59 PM (EST). For questions or assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please note, abstracts will not be accepted by email and must be submitted through online submission.)
Compensation for presentation:
Presenters are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and registration for this event. There is no compensation for presentation.